Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Scientific Method

Hey there and Happy Almost Friday!

First some off topic stuff...
My little Mister is almost one!!! I can't believe how quickly time has flown by. It's hard to believe that his birth set into motion the craziest, most difficult, and shocking years of my entire life. I wished, hoped, and prayed for this little guy and he is simply the reason I am still standing....the reason I have not completely crumbled. 

I started planning his birthday. I cannot wait to share my craziness with you :0) The theme....Cooper's Souper Winter Onederland....oh geez! I've had to stock away every spare dime, but he deserves a first birthday. period.



oh.my.word.....scary!!!!

Thanksgiving!

Onto school...

Today we did the traditional sink or float experiment, but this year we added a little Cookie Monster! This Sesame Street You Tube is FABULOUS!



We introduced the Scientific Method using Deanna Jump's Scientific Method freebie.
What Do Scientists Do?

Then we conducted our experiment as we watched the video. Here are some pics...





I created a worksheet for students to complete as we conducted our experiments. You can download it from Scribd or on TPT.


Our little scientists did such an AMAZING job!!

I hope you have a wonderful Friday :0)
Shannon

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe your little guy is almost 1! Wow! Time flies! My little ones are growing up so fast too. Enjoy every moment!

    ΡΌ Alessia
    Mrs. Albanese’s Kindergarten Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a little cutie! I love the birthday theme! First birthdays are so much fun! Enjoy it all. They grow up way too fast.

    Love the sink and float worksheet. I will be using it next year to go along with my Chicka Chicka Boom Boom unit. Thanks.

    Hope you have a great holiday season with your little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your son is so adorable now. It is hard to believe he has grown so much. I think you need a Pete the Cat birthday party. I miss you and both of you look great! Stay well Shannon.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, thank you! I also cannot believe that Cooper is almost 1! Happy birthday, little man!

    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete