Saturday, January 29, 2011

Poetry Journals: Making them Matter (February Edition)

Here are some of our themes...Groundhog's Day, 100th Day, Valentine's Day, and President's Day. The order I have each poem is, classroom poster (except I can't seem to find my pic of the Groundhog one), old versions (student copy and classroom binder copy), old homework labels, and ends with next years version of the student copy. 


Enjoy!
Shannon


All documents contain fonts that are copyright DJ Inkers. Virtually all documents contain graphics that are copyright DJ Inkers. They are used with permission. Please visit http://www.djinkers.com/, for wonderful clipart and fonts.

All of my Poetry Journals can now be found on TPT, as well.



Groundhog's Day
Here's a Little Groundhog

Groundhog Homework

Here's a Little Groundhog

100th Day!
Valentines For You!

100 Little Valentines Homework

Valentines for You

I Like Money (by Dr. Jean)
I Like Money

I Like Money Homework
I Like Money

Sometimes I throw in Yankee Doodle and skip The Groundhog one...I will upload it later :)



5 comments:

  1. It is saying that the documents are set to private and you need to change them to public. Cannot download anything or print them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to try these out! I would love to know what poems you use for the beginning of kindergarten too. I've never done poetry folders in kindergarten before. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new kindergarten teacher and I am looking for new ideas. I absolutely love this. What do you do with the student copy and the classroom binder copy. Do they both eventually go in the binder???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brandi,

    The teacher copy goes into a 3 ring binder and is on the reading shelf in my room. I actually have 2 of the binders available to my students.

    The student copy goes into their 3 prong folder. It is taken home and practiced...hopefully :)

    ReplyDelete