Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Phonics

We teach Jolly Phonics in our school. http://www.jollylearning.co.uk/ It is a systematic phonics program which teaches 42 sounds versus the alphabet. Each sound has a story, a picture card to display and one for students to keep in a folder, a song, and a motion. Before we started the program, I was completely skeptical, but it works. OK...I am not selling the program or anything :)

I have some things that I created and use within my classroom just as some supplemental materials.

All documents contain fonts that are copyright DJ Inkers. Virtually all documents contain graphics that are copyright DJ Inkers. They are used with permission. Please visit http://www.djinkers.com/, for wonderful clipart and fonts.

Worksheets
Jolly Sounds Worksheet 1

Jolly Sounds Worksheet 2
Jolly Sounds Worksheet 3
Jolly Phonics Review (Basic)
Jolly Phonics Review Difficult)


I created several posters to introduce long vowel combinations. I cut colored poster board in half. I cut the pieces for the poster out and glue them on, then laminate for durability.Oa Word Poster
-Ai Word Poster
Ie Word Poster
Ee Word Poster
a-e Word Poster
Ay Word Poster
Ea Word Poster
i_e Word Poster
o_e Word Poster
Ow Word Poster
Posters

3 comments:

  1. I love your phonics posters...I'm always looking for helpful resources for my newest ELL students and I think these will be wonderful. I love the clipart and font you use. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

    http://ladybugsclass-teacherfiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My school uses the spalding method. I was wondering if you have any posters for er,ir,ur,or, ar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks these are great.
    yvonnee

    ReplyDelete