Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hoppy 100th Day!

The 100th Day of School is one of the most exciting days in any Kindergarten classroom. It's funny how many activities we seem to cram into one day, but that is the joy of making the day so special. Here are a few of my favorites. Enjoy!


All documents contain fonts that are copyright DJ Inkers. Virtually all documents contain graphics that are copyright DJ Inkers. They are used with permission. Please visit http://www.djinkers.com/, for wonderful clipart and fonts.


Books
Miss Bindergarten Celebrates the 100th Day of Kindergarten by Joseph Slate: Book Cover The 100th Day Of School (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition) by Angela S. Medearis: Book Cover 100th Day Worries by Margery Cuyler: Book Cover Henry's 100 Days of Kindergarten by Nancy Carlson: Book Cover Fancy Nancy by Jane O'Connor: Book Cover The Night before the 100th Day of School by Natasha Wing: Item Cover Biscuit's 100th Day of School by Alyssa Satin Capucilli: Book Cover


100th Day Snack


I ask for parents to send in special items for our snack that day. Students take 10 of each and put them into their snack bag. They really enjoy this activity!
        


Hunting for Kisses
I buy 100 Hershey Kisses and number them (I use little sticker dots and place them on the bottom). While my students are at lunch, I hide them throughout the classroom. Depending on how many students are present, I tell students how many kisses they are allowed to find and put into their baggie. The baggie is important because little hands and chocolate = a melty mess! Once students find the specified number, they return to the carpet area and begin matching their kisses to the matching poster.

100 Little Valentines
This is a class book we make. It's a song, too. I have students decorate hearts to glue into the book. I bind it and place it on our reading shelf.
100 Little Valentines Class Book



Hundred Day Headbands
We glue the labels (below) to sentence strips and each student gets 100 Carson Dellosa frog stickers and places them on the headband. It takes a while for them to get all their stickers off, so we start a few days before our actual 100th Day.
Hundred Day Headbands


Froot Loop Necklaces


Exercise to 100
Moving to Math


Journal Page & Self Portrait
100th Day Self Portrait

If I Had $100 Journal

Other Great Resources (that are free!)
http://larremoreteachertips.blogspot.com/2011/01/hip-hip-hooray-its-100th-day.html
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B1Nqou3fOm91ZDAxMTMwYTMtMThkYy00YTU5LWJmNzEtZTYyMGUyNTQ2NGQy&hl=en&authkey=CMDr3cwM
http://www.fun-in-first.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. Cute!!!! Thank you!
    -Rachelle
    www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog - you have so many cute ideas. I LOVE cute!!! Where did you get the background writing paper for the $100 writing activity? Thank you for sharing your work. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darci,
    Thanks! I am so glad you like my stuff :)
    The background came from DJ inkers Borders CD. I cannot get enough of DJ inkers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ideas and your blog. I am so pinning this page! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you happen to have the 100 day necklace template saved? I love that idea=)

    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad this popped up just in time for the 100th day 2012. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love your ideas. Visit my blog at http://funandeasyfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete